Saturday, July 25, 2009

All geared up


I was inspired to start this blog because I recently had this sudden desire to make earrings. The ironic thing is that my own ears aren't pierced, but I think earrings can be a fun and creative means for self-expression. Anyways, I want to show you some of the things I made along with brief descriptions of how I made them, in hopes to inspire others to carry out their own crafts projects. Please share your creations with me, as many of my projects have been inspired by others!

The first pair of earrings I made was for my friend who is a mechanical engineer. The design is a wooden gear with a nut hanging in the middle of it. I drew the gears using Inkscape, which was particularly useful because Inkscape has a simple gear-drawing function. The gears were laser cut and later sprayed with polyurethane for protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment